Leverages Flat-Top Dot Expertise to Expand LUX Portfolio; Introduces the Latest Thermal Platemaking Technology
MacDermid Graphics Solutions will showcase the latest innovations within the LUX® flat-top dot portfolio and the continued evolution of the LAVA™ thermal plate processing system at Drupa in the MacDermid booth, Hall 5, stand 39A, May 31-June 10 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
LUX® Flat-Top Dots
MacDermid was the first flexo photopolymer plate supplier to develop and commercialize an in-the-plate flat-top dot solution that requires no changes to the traditional platemaking workflow – LUX ITP60. This innovation complemented its well-established LUX lamination technology, and as a result, MacDermid has been recognized worldwide as the leader in flat-top dot technology. The award-winning LUX® In-the-Plate™ (ITP) technology brought the quality and consistency benefits of a flat-top dot solution along with the convenience of having the best dot shape built right into the plate. At Drupa, MacDermid will introduce additions to the LUX® ITP™ product portfolio to extend the proven LUX benefits to even more applications. Specific LUX® innovations that will be featured at the show include:
- LUX® ITP™ M: A softer version of LUX® ITP™ 60, LUX® ITP™ M is well-suited for paperstock, folding carton and tag and label applications. This is the plate for printers who are looking for the benefits of medium durometer printing plates, including improved solid ink density and increased plate flexibility. LUX ITP M is available in sizes up to50” x 80” (1,320 mm x 2,032 mm) and in thicknesses of .045” (1.14 mm) to .112” (2.84 mm).
- LUX® ITP™ C: A capped version of ITP™ 60, ITP™ C’s modified surface allows for better ink transfer and superior coverage. LUX® ITP™ C builds on MacDermid’s years of capped plate experience and knowledge that began with EPIC® and Digital EPIC® products. LUX® ITP™ C is specifically developed for maximum compatibility of the cap layer with the ITP™ chemistry, as well as for outstanding roughness consistency throughout the cap layer. LUX® ITP™ C is available in sizes up to 50” x 80” (1,320 mm x 2,032 mm) and in thicknesses of.045” (1.14 mm) and .067 (1.70 mm).
- Digital MAF: MacDermid has leveraged its expertise in flat-top dots to engineer a dot that is ideally suited for the corrugated market. Digital MAF dramatically reduces fluting in corrugated direct print applications – customers have noted it is has the lowest fluting they have ever seen with a digital plate. Digital MAF is available in thicknesses of 0.112” (2.84 mm) – 0.250” (6.35 mm) in sizes up to 50” x 80” (1,320 mm x 2,032 mm).
- LUX® Lamination: MacDermid continues to support the proven method of LUX® Lamination. MacDermid’s original award-winning flat top dot production technique, LUX® Lamination has been adopted by hundreds of printers and platemakers worldwide. MacDermid continues to support this proven method of flat-top dot creation, and new platemaking technologies are in late stage development to compliment this process. A state-of-the-art new LUX® Laminator will be on display at Drupa in the LUX technology corner.
Committed to Thermal: Continuous Innovation Brings LAVA™ Improvements
The product of continuous innovation within MacDermid’s thermal process development program, the latest design of Lava incorporates remote diagnostics, an improved heating system, web path controls, and additional enhancements that complement our digital plates. Unique in the industry, MacDermid digital plates can be processed either with solvent or the Lava system. MacDermid has successfully fought to retain our position as a supplier of thermal plate processing technology, and the Lava system represents our continued investment in this platemaking option. Available in three different formats, the performance of the LAVA design has proven itself robust and consistent.
MacDermid is the leading innovator in liquid photopolymer technology. M System is our MacDermid’s liquid photopolymer technology, which includes a strong patent portfolio in equipment and resin. MacDermid’s M System includes a full range of products serving the corrugated, multiwall, and other markets. M-System delivers market leading resins, state-of-the-art equipment, efficiency improvements, film replacement options and unparalleled service from a team of experienced experts. Specific M System innovations highlighted at the show include:
- LiquifleX: Representing the latest advancements in liquid photopolymer platemaking technology, the M System LiquifleX platemaker combines the benefits of liquid, such as low plate cost and flexibility of operation, with the simplicity of sheet platemaking. LiquifleX is simple and allows the operator to set up the platemaking process without calculations or guesswork.
- M System Resin portfolio: MacDermid offers an expansive portfolio of liquid resins for flexographic printing and more. Offerings such as LTL or MLC32 serve the corrugated post-print market, whereas MWH and MWB 50 serve the paper and multiwall bag segment. MacDermid offers the broadest range of high-quality liquid photopolymers resin of any supplier.
At Your Service
The breadth of MacDermd’s service offering will be on display as well – experts from MacDermid will be on hand to speak with attendees about best practices for flexographic printing. Additionally, MacDermid has partnered with several industry co-suppliers to discover ways to make our products work best together. Visit the MacDermid booth to learn more about these ground breaking collaborations and how your package printing can benefit from MacDermid’s expertise.