Flint Group is raising the bar with its new VIVO DigiSystem 2.0 for the packaging print industry – a unique colour management concept offering speed to market, colour accuracy, and cost advantages for our global partners. VIVO DigiSystem 2.0 is an integral component of Flint Group’s VIVO Colour Solutions, a concept that was first launched to the market at drupa 2016.
This exclusive digital proofing system translates ink recipes into unique printable values which are then available as a DigiSwatch™ sample. Benefits of this system include the following:
- Immediate sharing of accurate print standards amongst multiple printers across any number of global locations.
- Professional and superior presentation of brand and design print standards.
- A professional approach to the critical element of colour management.
- Speed to market; replacement of conventional prints with DigiSwatch speeds up the approval process.
- DigiSwatch samples are high in lightfastness; the swatches have a long shelf life.
- A clear position proving that at Flint Group, “We Take Colour Seriously.”
The newly opened Global Colour Centre offers solution-based competencies; including a demo centre, customer academy, 24/7 colour matching, and digital colour management solutions supporting all four of Flint Group’s packaging business segments – Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Sheetfed, and Narrow Web.
To maintain strict consistency here’s how it works:
- Each colour’s unique DigiSwatch electronic file is created centrally in Flint Group’s Global Colour Centre (GCC) in Lodz, Poland.
- Flint Group provides controlled substrates (uncoated, coated, gloss) and colour cartridges to business partners.
- The Global Colour Centre service team uses dedicated software to provide online profiling and software updates.
- Our business partners – printers, brand owners, design agencies – print out the DigiSwatch locally at their site.
Mr. Kim Melander, VP Sales EMEA & Global Strategy for Flint Group, explains, “The new VIVO DigiSwatch is designed for the next generation of digital colour management and is constructed to seamlessly integrate into a standard production environment. Suitable for large packaging converters with centralised colour management, or for small, independent printing houses, it will enable customers to easily adopt digital technology for mainstream production and to secure global brand integrity.
VIVO DigiSwatch is a digital drawdown – it is highly accurate providing a physical standard that serves as a visual colour reference and to set clear colour expectations throughout the entire supply chain. The benefit to customers is to expand media changeability and improve production speed and flexibility. This is a unique innovation path determined by converters and brand owners, and now developed by Flint Group as we support the industry’s journey forward into digital colour communication.”
Mr. Melander concludes, “Our mantra, ‘We Take Colour Seriously’, could not be more fitting. With our dedicated experts, custom built digital systems, and innovative processes, VIVO Colour Solutions and DigiSystem 2.0 are a game changing step in colour communications and will provide an invaluable resource to our customers and global brand owners.”
For further information, please contact Deanna Klemesrud at Deanna.email@example.com .
Flint Group is dedicated to serving the global printing and packaging industry. The company develops, manufactures and markets an extensive portfolio of printing consumables, including: a vast range of conventional and energy curable inks and coatings for most offset, flexographic and gravure applications; pressroom chemicals, printing blankets and sleeves for offset printing; photopolymer printing plates and sleeves, plate-making equipment and flexographic sleeve systems; pigments and additives for use in inks and other colourant applications. With a strong customer focus, unmatched service and support, and superior products, Flint Group strives to provide exceptional value, consistent quality and continuous innovation to customers around the world. Headquartered in Luxembourg, Flint Group employs some 6800 people. Revenues for 2015 were € 2.2 billion (US $2.8 billion). On a worldwide basis, the company is the number one or number two supplier in every major market segment it serves. For more information, please visit www.flintgrp.com