Firm to introduce exciting new modules and features.
19 July 2017. – “Flat screen printing is traditionally the slowest module on any finishing machine, and at Labelexpo we’ll be launching our new flat screen printing unit, which has a significantly increased running speed,” says Tony Bell, ABG’s Sales Director.
The new module has a full rotary web motion, whilst still using a flatbed screen. The quality of UV Curing is also improved by the rotary web motion – ensuring consistency along the whole web.
The physical size of the module has also been reduced by over 20%, the repeat area has increased to 410mm in the web direction making it compatible with their Big Foot 50 hot foil stamping unit, and there is a chill roller option for delicate substrates.
Operators will benefit from an easier set up, and it has motorised lateral and skew adjustments for screen image position, plus on the run servo adjustment of the squeegee and scraper position. This makes it easy for the operator to adjust the level of ink through the mesh and onto the web.
ABG will also showcase a variety of their fleyeVision inspection systems at Labelexpo.
“Our FleyeLink Workflow manager creates a roll map of defects that can be doctored in a final process to eradicate substandard labels,” continues Tony.
“Using a barcode printer for closure labels on the end of the turret, the small rolls with faults can be identified and then run quickly through small rewinder that highlights where the errors are, ready to be doctored. It’s a very efficient way of getting product through the finishing department quickly to the end user, completely safe in the knowledge that all rolls are of the highest quality.”
There will be a full range of ABG’s innovative finishing solutions at Labelexpo including:
- Digicon Series 3 beverage specification with new screen printing unit and 50 ton “Big Foot” foil and embossing module
- Digicon Series 3 with FAST Track die in line with a nonstop turret rewinder with 100% camera inspection and workflow link
- Digilase laser cutting machine with automatic job changeover
- Digicon Lite 3 – entry level finishing equipment
- Converter Series 3 running with SGTR Auto set glueless nonstop turret rewinder
- ECTR turret rewinder with a bowl feeder and automatic core loader
- A range of inspection slitter rewinders – one of which including a fully automatic turret rewinder
- Booklet module
Visitors to the HP booth will also see some of the ABG range, including a specialist Digicon Series 3 finishing machine with 100% inspection for customers using the Gem System to digitally embellish web.
About A B Graphic International Ltd: A B Graphic International Ltd was established in Bridlington, UK in 1954 and still remains a family run business. With 5 wholly owned companies in Europe and the USA, employing over 300 staff, they also have an experienced team of distributors worldwide. For more information visit www.abgint.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org