February 7, 2019 (Milford, OH): TLMI announces record attendance at the association’s Committee Summit that took place in Orlando, FL February 4-5. More than 130 registered attendees representing five TLMI committees came together for the event, where delegates mapped out each committee’s respective agenda for the coming year. The TLMI committees represented were Technical, Government & Regulations, Marketing, Environmental and Workforce Development.
TLMI Chairman, Michael Ritter, comments, “The association’s annual Committee Summit is such a great way to kick off the year and I was thrilled to see our members coming together in record numbers to fine tune their committee’s objectives for 2019 and discuss the ways in which TLMI can continue to meet the requirements of our converter and supplier members. This was my first official meeting as the new TLMI Chairman and it was great to witness the very real commitment coming from so many members. I very much look forward to serving the association over the next two years and to working with TLMI’s committee volunteers and co-chairs.”
Among the Summit’s 135 delegates were 10 new association member companies in addition to 42 first-time attendees. Nearly 100 companies were represented by the overall attending group. A synopsis of each committee’s activities during their time spent together in Orlando is outlined below:
- TLMI printTHINK: All committees evaluated potential topics, resulting in what will be the most dynamic content TLMI has ever presented at the event.
- Government & Regulations Committee: Reviewed current industry issues, created a process to develop TLMI position statements, reviewed policy backgrounds and drafted four position statements for consideration. Discussed all TLMI’s packaging partnerships and DC-based trade association engagement.
- Workforce Development Committee: Reviewed “Do it yourself recruiting kits” to be implemented later in the first quarter. Discussed middle school/high school outreach, including a pilot program at a Chicago high school career day. Discussed and fine-tuned currently in-process workforce video.
- Marketing Committee: Thorough discussion around TLMI brand initiative and the overhaul of TLMI’s Product and Services Guide. Developed framework to assist TLMI member companies in creating Omni-Channel marketing strategies.
- Technical Committee: Largest committee spent the entire two days successfully creating the blueprint for TLMI’s signature printTHINK Summit. Content will fall into eight separate areas of concentration. For the first time ever the committee developed more content than they have the ability to share given the time limitations of the event.
- Environmental Committee: Created a new sustainability goal and objectives that focus on holistic sustainability vs. land-fill avoidance to be reviewed and approved by the TLMI Board in March. Broke into task forces centered on matrix and liner recycling: reviewed collective data, developed solution partners and identified beta test sites.
Dan Muenzer, TLMI President, comments, “The power and passion of TLMI was on full display in Orlando this week. I am so excited about the level of engagement and action items that were created thanks to all the hard work of our co-chairs and each and every TLMI committee member. The fact that we set yet another attendance record with this Summit only serves to demonstrate the continued extreme dedication of our converter and supplier members. It’s going to be a great year for TLMI and for our continued progress as the premier association serving the North American narrow web printed packaging industry.”